join an event
taking the Where We Live NYC process on tour!
We’re bringing the Where We Live NYC process to you with pop-up installations across the five boroughs. Join us as we move forward to make fair housing a reality for all New Yorkers.
- Learn more and discuss the history of fair housing
- Explore data on diversity and opportunity in New York City
- Engage and share feedback on strategies to address discrimination, segregation, and equity in opportunity
October 12: Brooklyn Public Library Central Branch – Grand Army Plaza
Our host – The Brooklyn Public Library Central Branch – has all sorts of amenities and activities which we encourage you to check out this Saturday. In addition to our Where We Live NYC pop-up, you can visit the Grand Army Plaza Green Market, and Prospect Park! For more event details, visit their website here.
- When: Saturday, October 12 from 12pm to 3pm
- Where: Brooklyn Public Library Central Branch – Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn (We’ll be located at the library’s dramatic front plaza)
past event – September 28: ¡Corónate!
Corónate is a monthly cultural festival celebrating the best of Corona and Queens. Visit the Where We live NYC pop-up, and enjoy live music and dance performances, art-making workshops, and more. For more event details, visit their website here.
- When: Saturday, September 28 from 1pm to 6pm
- Where: Corona Plaza, 40-04 National St, Corona NY 11368
past event – September 15: Boogie on the Boulevard
Boogie on the Boulevard is an annual celebration of art, active living, and public space in the Bronx. In addition to our Where We Live NYC pop-up, there will be music, art, dance, healthy eating, fitness activities, and more! For more event details, visit their website here.
- When: Sunday, September 15 from 2pm to 6pm
- Where: Grand Concourse, The Bronx (We’ll be between 164th & 165th streets)
past event – June 22: Where We Live NYC Summit
Join us at the Where We Live NYC Summit to…
- Hear what we’ve learned from communities across New York City
- Talk about what segregation, discrimination, and opportunity look like in your neighborhood
- Share feedback on fair housing solutions
- Get support with your housing questions and concerns
Enjoy FREE FOOD and PERFORMANCES by local artists! More information on speakers, performers, and activities will be provided in the coming weeks.
- When: Saturday, June 22 from 11am to 3pm
- Where: The Museum of the City of New York (1220 5th Ave, New York, NY)
past event – June 12: Where We Live NYC Report Hearing
There will be a formal hearing taking place to collect public input in advance of the release of the Where We Live NYC Report and hear comments on the City’s use of funds to affirmatively further fair housing.
- When: Wednesday, June 12 from 6:30pm to 8pm
- Where: NYC City Planning Commission Hearing Room, Lower Concourse (120 Broadway, New York, NY)
For more information, you can read the formal notice here.